Something that has become very important to me is trying to live with less plastic. We are addicted to the stuff and it is harming us and our earth. Here are a few blogs that have been helpful to me, some have even been life changing for me. Please consider your consumer habits and how they affect our world. As one blogger puts it, the three R's should be switched to five; rethink, refuse, reduce, reuse, re-imagine. As he also says, "Responsibility is not convenient -- it's necessary."
- My Plastic-Free Life - the most life-changing blog I've subscribed to
- Beyond Plastic - an aggressive approach to changing our lifestyles
- The Clean Bin Project - a good account of a plastic-free lifestyle
- Plastic Manners - another good account of a plastic-free lifestyle
- Life Without Plastic - a blog linked to a wonderful, nearly plastic-fee online shop
- Life Less Plastic - nothing has been posted here for over a year, but it is still a good resource
The majority of our son's toys are non-plastic.